Donation and Membership
We have expanded our ways of donating and renewing memberships to make it easy for you to do from the comforts of home! We can also accept etransfers, for more information on that method, please contact us using the information at the bottom of the page. For voting privileges, memberships must be bought by April 30, 2021.
The Museum’s roof needs replacement. The lifespan of the current roof was 40 years, which means it is way past due, yikes! In order to properly protect our collection, our guests, and our staff (who we also consider a part of the collection), we need to roll up our sleeves, and get to work. We have been asked many questions and to answer a few lingering ones:
– All major contractors agreed the roof needs to be replaced.
– We were first told that holes were appearing in our roof by our neighbours in the high rise condo.
– This is an urgent matter as we need to have this done before winter.
– The quotes given estimates up to $ 300,000, as our roof has a lot of square footage, and we need to add in cost of clean up and any additional damage not immediately noticed.
– We have contacted multiple companies for quotes.
– Materials have been looked at and discussed at length and we will let you know as soon as we decide on an option best suited for the longevity of our building.
– We have researched and looked at various options for our roof, and this has been the most recommended and practical solution.
– The Museum does not have any surplus funds for the roof replacement
– A minimum donation of $300 per shingle is encouraged! You will receive acknowledgment of your donated purchase.
– The board has chosen the shingle type and look that resembles a traditional cedar shake at a significantly lower cost. Announcement will be made at the Annual General Meeting.
– Income tax receipts will be issues for your donation!
Donations and bequests are essential for continued existence! A planned commitment to the Ukrainian Museum of Canada helps support the heart and soul of the Museum for the future. We are extremely honoured by those who have made a bequest to the Museum and have named the Museum in their will.
For more information on making a bequest and taking part in the continuance of preserving Ukrainian Canadian heritage through the museum, contact us using the information at the bottom of the page.
Artefacts are an important part of the museum. Unfortunately we do not allow people to drop artefacts off for appraisal or donation unless preapproved.
If you have any artefacts you would like to donate, fill out the form below. Please include as much information and history about the artefact as possible including dates, names, places, and stories. You must also include an image.
How to send an e-transfer
With the world of sending money becoming so instantaneous, we wanted to make it as easy as possible for you to get your membership or donations in! If you want to send us an e-transfer, please ensure that you send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are unsure as to how to send an e-transfer, follow these easy steps, or call your bank to direct you through their apps and web page as many banks have different setups. We are always so grateful and appreciate any that you send in, however you want to send it in!
- Log into your bank account online, or on your app
- Select “Send E-transfer”, this may be under a button called “Send money”, or an option once you select a specific account.
- Fill out form and make recipient email- email@example.com
- Make sure you put in “Add comment” what you want this money to go towards and who its from (general, membership, specific campaign, as well as any contact info we would need for receipting)
- Hit send!
- If you would like to follow up with us, you can send us an email that you sent us a donation and what you wanted the money to go towards as well!
Wednesday: 10 AM – 4:30 PM
Thursday: 10 AM – 4:30 PM
Friday: 10 AM – 4:30 PM
The museum will be keeping all Covid-19 protocols until further notice. All guests and staff must wear a mask and practice social distancing when possible.
Get In Touch
910 Spadina Crescent East,